Agile & Lean Practitioner, Speaker, IT Delivery Manager, Firmenich, India
Utpal Chakraborty is a Software Solution Expert having around 19 years of Industry Experience, currently working with Firmenich as IT Delivery Manager.
He has also worked for Capgemini, IBM and other MNCs as an Architect and a Delivery Manager in his past assignments.
Utpal is also a Writer & Director. He is Creative Director of three parallel Bollywood movies.
He has written and directed a number of Short Films, Stage Shows and Feature Films. He is having strong theatre background & a stage player. Worked for couple of assignments from Bollywood & Hollywood like editing, rewriting and beautifying movie screenplays. He also worked as a faculty for screenplay writing in a number of national & international screenplay workshops.
AGILE & LEAN MOVIE MAKING
“Agile & Lean Movie Making” is a fresh and innovative topic, an experience of a novice team of movie makers on Agile and Lean methodologies. Importantly it has got a completely new dimension of imparting Agile, Lean type best practices from Movie Industry to the IT or other world like we did the same a decade back from Automobile Industry (Toyota).
The session also reiterates the fact that Agile & Lean principles are not specific and limited for to any specific industry but the same can be applied to any industry and even in our day today work and get benefited.
Some of the learning outcome from the session are:
- How some of the Agile & Lean type best practices used in movie making for ages can be adopted in IT and vice versa.
- How Agile along with Six-Sigma Lean & Kanban can act as a Power Pack for cost cutting as well as excellence in production execution in movie making.
- Importance of special Tools and Techniques in movie making as well as in IT wherever there is a technical challenge or a creative constraint.
- Movie Production Envisioning vs. Agile Daily Scrum Meeting & backlog replenishment
- Movie Post-mortem vs. Agile Retrospective
- Film Budgeting vs. Agile Estimation