Number of true agile organizations slowly grows. Many more organizations already adopted some sort of agile techniques. Hands in hands with rise of adoption of techniques and processes, we can observe increased tension among agile and non-agile parts of the organization. It may or may not result in innovation and expansion of agility within organization. Or it may result in poisonous killings of all early achievements.
At Agilia Conference we wants to discuss Agile in Motion – evolution of activities and experiences, which starts and reinforce agile adoption within organization – and activities, that enable roll out of Agile to other parts of the organization or beyond. We invite you to share with us your experience. Participate at the event with your presentations, talks, workshops, success stories, case studies or demonstrations. We welcome interactive speeches or micro-workshops. Join in with lightning talks. Share your personal experience with others.
We plan to organize presentations according to 4 Layers of Agility. We are particularly keen to address following topics or similar.
- What was motivation in your organization to start agile techniques? Benefits of agile environment, why we should change?
- How to engage people in organizations to adopt agile as preferred way of working?
- And how to engrave agility to become part of the culture? Challenges for Scrum Masters or Agile Coaches.
- How to keep people enthusiastic over longer period of time?
- Case studies – successful and failed adoptions, working in agile organization – employee (aka developer), manager, agile coach, …
- Engagement techniques, how to get people engaged and motivated? At all levels of organization?
- How top product or service supports motivation?
Agile Adoption Path
- How to execute Agile Transformation (corporate agile transition), what are practical steps to implement agility? Metrics, evaluation, outcomes.
- What was your agile adoptions path? Random approach or complete methodology? Successes and failures.
Non IT implementations
- Examples and experiences from agile adoption in non ICT or software organizations are particularly valuable.
- How does agile organization deal with innovation, new product development, structures, culture, and customer care?
- “How to engage customers?” – Experience or success/failure story of customer engagement in agile delivery.
- What customers got by switching to agile approach? Case studies & lessons learned – simply how it was before and what we have now.
- How to build product in short iterations? Working with backlogs & priorities. Working with PO.
- Difference between product and project. How to tailor agile product methods to fit project management?
- What are risks?
- How to specify requirements so developers will understand them? How to engage developers & other parties to agile requirements gathering?
- How to create value while preparing requirements? How to identify and measure value?
- How to keep requirements transparent?
- How to implement agile development techniques in environments with strict safety standards?
- Are agile processes suitable for embedded environment?
QA and Quality
- Quality Control vs. Quality Assurance?
- Techniques for quality management in product design and development.
- Overall approaches to quality in agile environment.
Non IT implementations
- Examples and experiences from agile approaches to value creation in non ICT or software organizations are particularly valuable.
Response to Change
- How to collaborate effectively among team members?
- Building application / project in dynamic and complex environment. How to cope with changes?
- What challenges did we had to change behavior and adapt procedures / habits for dealing with rapid changes?
- What it was to adapt mindset to agile approaches?
- How did we shaped organization structure / processes to being more Agile? Success and failure stories.
- What agile methodologies did we applied and why? What was its strength / weakness?
Product and development level
- What changes we did to the product design/architecture to enable changes late in process of development?
- What we had to change to have development process agile and why?
- What agile development practices we have had to introduce and what obstacles we have faced?
- How intensive creation of new skills helps with switch to agility? Inspirations.
- What knowledge/experience was most important in process of agile adoption? Your success and failures.
And finally Ethical aspect of Agile
- Is it ethical to ask people to get paid according to real outputs?
- Is it ethical to build agile culture based on trust and partnership in one part of organization, while other parts impose unethical practices to e.g. suppliers? Extreme payment due conditions are just one of many examples.
- Is it ethical do develop applications for businesses, which are not ethical from their nature?
Program add-ons: Diversions
A space to share ideas, experiences and for inspirations.
- Demo of products developed in agile teams and organizations and how agility contributed to product success.
- Demo of products, which makes live of agile teams easier.
- Start-ups organizations, where agility contributed to survival and/or growth.
And various formats:
- Mini working sessions to demo techniques helping with communication.
- Half day or full day workshops.